Cribbed Content for May 8th
I gave the Cribbed Content feature a rest for awhile because, admittedly, I wasn’t really keeping up with much around me. I’ve put myself into a little corner of existence and did what I had to do. I’ve got to say, on a personal note, that being continually employed for the last five years and then having a lull in work for three weeks waiting for some things to fall into place has been a bit difficult to handle. I’m back on track now, back to keeping tabs on what’s going on around me, back to our weekly Affiliate Marketing Fanatics podcast on GeekCast.fm, and ready to kick some serious booty! I’ve seen some cool stuff that I’m compelled to share!
- Link Cloaking, What is it? – Scott Jangro addresses the ways you can cloak affiliate links. Also see where I discussed PHP redirects.
- The only coding I really know well is HTML, and I was passed this great article on 10 Rare HTML Tags You Really Should Know through StumbleUpon. I’m definitely going to be putting some of these into immediate use!
- Did you see the ShareASale Photo Booth at Affiliate Summit West 2009? I don’t think I did… but that’s okay, because they’re sharing the photos online and I don’t need more goofy photos of myself on the net. Go check them out and rate them! And if you’re disappointed you missed it, don’t worry… they plan on bringing it back for Affiliate Summit East this summer in New York!
- A new conference for affiliates, Affiliate Convention, is taking place next month. I won’t be able to attend, but PMG will be represented as Heather Paulson will be speaking about super affiliate marketing techniques.
- There’s been a lot of rallying together lately with the tax nexus issues in several states affecting affiliate marketers. Ed Byerly from one fledgling organization Affilaite Trust posted his thoughts on the surge of affiliate organizations attempting to unify a rather rag-tag group of people who make up this industry.
- For those email marketers out there, don’t worry I haven’t turned my back on you! Check out this cool free tool to make sure your reverse DNS is set up right!