Analytics Glossary: Parameters
- These are located in the URL immediately after a question mark and followed by an equal sign and a return value, known as name=value. Parameters indicate to a database what page a user is viewing. For example, www.mysite.com/product/widget.aspx?=1234. Here, widget is the product and 1234 is the product identifier.
This comes up a lot when using search functions embedded in websites. Be sure if you’re going to share the link with a customer or through a bulk email campaign to copy everything after the question mark. Sometimes if you just paste a link into an email or document and rely on the auto hyper link feature to add the link, it won’t add anything after the question mark. Be sure to use the menus of the program to insert the correct URL into the hyper link.
Glossary Definition From Website Magazine, February 2008.
Latest posts by Trisha Lyn Fawver (see all)
- Vouch for my Expertise: Utilizing Affiliate Manager Relationships - March 6, 2014
- Loving the Flexibility of Julep Maven - March 5, 2014
- Happy Birthday Tiny Prints! - March 4, 2014
- January’s Nail Stuffs Haul & Manicures - February 28, 2014
- J’Adore Vox Box Goodies - February 26, 2014
- Christmas Manicures - February 21, 2014
- Polish Addict? Yeah, I Think So… - February 18, 2014
- Julep Mavens & Why YOU Should Be One, Too! - January 31, 2014
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Review #CSMTKO - January 23, 2014