So last week I was knee-deep in lobbying in Sacramento against CA AB 178 and then spent the rest of the week in San Francisco at the Web 2.0 Expo. So I didn’t have a lot of time to read my RSS feed. So some of this stuff is a bit old, but don’t shoot the messenger. If you were on top of your game you wouldn’t rely on this, so just remember that beggars can’t be choosers!
- Another guest post by me at Marketing Pilgrim on a new Social Media masters program being offered in the UK.
- You can save 5% when flying JetBlue to Affiliate Summit East in August. I took them up on this discount for ASE last year in Boston and it totally turned JetBlue into my favorite airline!
- The face of Ebates.com, Paul Nichols, has left them to start his own consulting company. Good luck Paul!
- Scott Jangro asks us all: Is there room for two affiliate marketing organizations?
- Of course he asks because Affiliate Voice officially launched. President Melanie Seery announced it on her blog.
- ShareResults came out with the BAMroll last week (The Big Affiliate Marketing roll). Very cool idea.
- I wrote up my recap of the Web 2.0 Expo last week for the New Edge Media blog.
- Speaking of NEM, I’m no longer of their employ. Wanna hire me? Of course you do… Email me!
I’m officially on the market.
That’s right, it’s with a sadness that I report that I am no longer the Director of Affiliate Marketing with New Edge Media. Their clients decided to go a different way with regards to Affiliate Marketing and through no fault of my own, I’m now without gainful employment. That’s all I’m really going to say on the subject.
I have to give huge props to my coworkers and boss who jumped right onto LinkedIn and gave me great recommendations. Thanks, ladies.
In the meantime, are you looking for an affiliate program manager to telecommute? Or if you’re based in the San Francisco Bay Area, work in-house? I’m your woman. I’m also open to any copywriting, blogging, web design, or other freelance or contract work until I secure a permanent position. My resume is available in PDF and on LinkedIn. A small portfolio of my graphic design work can also be found at Blinkstar Media.
I’m going back to job hunting, now…
This makes me a very sad panda.Read More
Thanks to the wonders of advanced planning, all the presentations for Affiliate Summit West 2009 – which starts on Sunday – are available to view now at http://www.slideshare.net/affsum. I’m going to try to bring my head above water enough to read through some before heading to Las Vegas tomorrow.
Are you going to Affiliate Summit? I am. Check out Ten Ways to Meet Me At Affiliate Summit from the New Edge Media blog.
In the meantime, keep your eyes open for some tips and tricks I’ll share with ya just in time for Affiliate Summit…Read More
Yes, normally this would have come last week on Friday, but like many I was out shopping for my precious GPS unit that was on super sale. I hope everyone had a lovely Turkey Day! Did you know that until 1863, Thanksgiving was celebrated on different days? The president would announce when it would be celebrated until that year, when President Abraham Lincoln decreed it would be on the fourth Thursday in November. It actually took until 1941 for Congress to pass an official proclamation declaring it a legal holiday on the fourth Thursday in November.
So be thankful for your health and the good information you can find online!
- Our own Manda Otto reviewed the new seoMOZ toolbar, now still in private beta testing. This looks to be an invaluable tool for SEO and SEM professionals everywhere, expected to be available sometime in January or February.
- There’s some debate on the future of the banner ad in online marketing. Brad Waller and Peter Figueredo both discussed it over at ReveNews: The Banner is Dead by Brad Waller and Is Display Advertising Worthwhile in a Down Economy? by Peter Figueredo.
- I wrote a guest post for Marketing Pilgrim that you should check out: Mobile Advertising Has Future Among Teens.
- In more New Edge Media news, we’ve welcomed a new team member, Kate Morris, into the fold as Director of Client Services!
Welcome to November! I can hardly believe we’re in November already… it seems like it was September just yesterday! Do me a favor and remember that there’s Thanksgiving to think about before Christmas and stall on decking everything out in red and green for a month, will ya?
- Recently I wrote an article for the New Edge Media blog, Top 14 Tips for Affiliate Success. Check it out and be sure to follow New Edge Media on Twitter!
- Scott Jangro wrote a good post on Affiliate Marketing Network Blog Scorecards. The comments are interesting as well, so be sure to read the whole thing.
- Affiliate Summit now has a Fan Page on Facebook. Join up for updates.
- 37Signals now offers an affiliate program for their super awesome products, one of which is Basecamp, a great project management system that we proudly use at New Edge Media. Sign up for their affiliate program at http://affiliate.37signals.com.
- An interesting note about branding and your personal brand, Jim Kukral is going to re-brand himself next week. I’m very interested to see what he does and how this is executed, so stay tuned.
- An agency offering a mix of Web design and development, Internet advertising and online marketing, or e-business/e-commerce consulting.
Speak of the devil, we finally come to a definition that describes my new company, New Edge Media! We offer PPC, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, and Email Marketing. Some stop by and take a look!
This actually concludes this series of glossary items! Huge thanks to Alexandra Wharton for having written this article and to Lisa Picarille for allowing me to republish them!
Have a series you want to see? Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know!
Glossary Definition From ABC’s of Online Marketing by Alexandra Wharton, Issue 22, Revenue Magazine